Tuesday, January 17, 2017

MEDITATING

This same friend has helped me out a lot over the last couple of months. She led me to meditation. I had read about the “powers” of meditating but never really thought it would work, let alone actually took the time to try it for myself. My astrologically sign is a Virgo and if you know anything about how the Virgo mind works, you would know that we are constantly over thinking and judging ourselves. So when it came to the thought of mediating I just kinda laughed at the idea and said, “I cant do that, I cant shut my mind off.” Well folks, now that I have forced myself to sit down and try it I can officially say that I love it. I feel like I find inner peace everytime I do it. I have been using an app called “10% happier” it guides you in the meditation process. Meditating is a lot simpler than it seems. All it is.. is focusing on your breath. Closing your eyes and breathing… in and out.. in and out… and once your mind wonders, acknowledge your mind has wondered and bring it back to your breath… and repeat. I am not an expert meditator by any means.. I really can’t meditate for very long but I have realized that every time I meditate I find balance. I become more aware of my surrounds and I tend to take a step back and really acknowledge my surroundings. Sidenote: I kinda feel like a badass sitting with my eyes closed, legs crossed looking super cute in my yoga pants while doing it. It’s the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment