Monday, April 17, 2017

Monterey Bay


I decided to rent a car and drive down to Monterey for the day. I needed to get out of the city and welcome some sunshine back into my life. So I rented the car that I use to drive in TX, a Chevy Cruze, and loaded up the car with snacks. One of my girlfriends was also feeling cooped up so she decided to join me. We sang Brittany spears and backstreet boys all the way down the coast talking about work. Once in Monterey we loaded up on a boat and went whale watching! When I was a child my father painted my room “under the sea” themed. So of course growing up, whales were my favorite animals. I had only seen killer whales at sea world and I always felt so bad for them but seeing humpback whales in the wild was mesmerizing! I was completely in awh of these magical creatures. Afterwards we went and ate at Phil’s, which was this cute little hole in the wall right off the ocean. We chowed down on a huge plate of fish and chips while watching the seagulls dive down into the waves to catch fish. After filling our bellies we drove down into the city. We walked down the boardwalk, grabbed coffee and then laid out on the beach soaking up the last minutes of sunshine. At the end of the day we drank margaritas, gabbed about the cute boys that were playing Frisbee at the beach and watched the sunset behind the mountains. It was a perfect day! (The best day I have had here so far). The following day back in SF, I couldn’t help but want to experience the happiness I felt the day before. So I got my nails done, went shopping, worked out, and laid out in Mike and Tina’s back yard.  I have never been happier in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment