Saturday, January 7, 2017

LEND A HELPING HAND

I have been waiting to hear back from the SF agency for a couple of months now and it’s driving me nuts! They told me they would have answer by the end of the month so I am just waiting around for them to know if they have room for me. I have begun to get stir crazy living at home and I have realized my attitude has not been the best recently. My grandma just had hip surgery so I decided it would be a good idea for me to get out of the house for a while and go spend the week with my grandparents in Wisconsin. My grandma wasn’t in the best shape when I arrived. She could hardly walk across the living room floor without getting tired. I quickly realized this was going to be a lot more work than I thought. I would put on and off her socks, help her get dressed, give her a bath, make her breakfast lunch and dinner, and I would make sure she took her pills and exercised everyday. Not to toot my own horn.. but by the end of the week she was doing 100x better. She had grown more confident and strong while I was there. I am normally not a good caretaker, I tend to get annoyed very easily, but helping my grandma really taught me a lot of patience and kindness. I am really happy that I got to spend time with them and that I could lend a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment